Tip 1: Content is King!
The content is the basis for successful search engine optimization. All further optimization measures are effective only in combination with high quality and unique web page content.
- Optimize your text with topics relevant keywords.
- Avoid to use the same text on different pages. (duplicate content)
- Search engines do not watch pictures and videos. Include your keywords in your picture and video filenames. Ideally, label them with “alt” and “title” tags.
Tip 2: Backlinks & Internal Linking
Backlinks, also known as incoming links, inbound links, inlinks, and inward links, are incoming links to a website or web page.
- The more quality backlinks you get from other websites to yours, the better your search engine ranking.
- Stay away from Link Buying and other Black Hat activities.
- Internal linking directly from content to relevant sub-pages, is an important factor for a good search engine placement.
Tip 3: Search Engine Friendly URLs (Permalinks)
A permalink is a permanent identifier in the form of a URL.
- Permalinks, including targeted keyword phrases in a correct order, can directly effect your search engine rankings.
- Numerous studies have shown that permalinks must not necessarily consist of many keywords for a better ranking. Maximum 4 keywords, following your domain name, are considered as a ranking factor.
Tip 4: Proper Title & Description
The so-called “title” of a website is very important for the reader, but also for a good search engine placement.
- Give each page a unique title which makes both readers and search engines curious.
- The short summary for each search result is generated from the “meta description tag” in your web page’s HTML code. A well-crafted meta description that arouse interest will draw readers to your website.
Tip 5: Domain Name Selection
A good domain name selection is the first step to success. Older domains get more trust from the search engines.
- Relevant keyword in domain name helps significantly.
- Decide whether you want to use the site with or without www. Otherwise, you have the classic “duplicate content” situation, and your website will lose ranking. Ex: https://move2media.com or http://www.move2media.com
Tip 6: Social Media
Nowadays, successful SEO can not be performed without social media. Integrate your business website with popular social media platforms. This includes Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube and many more. These social media platforms can generate quite a lot of traffic to your website.
Tip 7: SEO Tools
SEO Tools are important components for a successful search engine optimization. Here are useful SEO tools to investigate volume of searches, build keyword lists, find out backlinks, perform position analysis and monitor your success.
Tip 8: Page Speed Optimization
Page speed is an important ranking factor. In addition to this, fast-loading websites are attractive to visitors. A visitor leaves your website faster than you think, if your page takes too long to load. Therefore, it is crucial to optimize your site’s loading speed to promote your website. There are useful tools that measure the load speed of your website and give an overview of the main issues as well as tips on how to improve them. Among the most popular tools are: Google Pagespeed and YSlow.
Do they have any questions? With a team of experienced specialists, we assist you in constructing your search engine friendly website.
Put us to the test.
Your move2media Team